Kalimba 17-key "Thumb Piano" plus accessories
The kalimba is a modern version of the African mbira, and it is also known as “Thumb Piano”.
Our kalimba can be a solo instrument or can be used to accompany singers, musicians or dancers.
Its resonator case is entirely made of wood, with metal tones attached that can be played by holding the instrument in your hands whilst plucking the tines with your thumbs, or with the included hammer. This is not a toy, it’s a real musical instrument, and you’ll find the mesmerizing, typical, nearly magical friendly sound it produces amazing!
ARTISTS’ TIP: Amplify the sound via an acoustic guitar microphone-element, great for recordings or live performances!
- Tropical hardwood for excellent resonance
- 17 adjustable carbon steel tines for bright and clear timbre, long sustain and durability.
- Three sound holes give you clean and clear sound. You can create different sound-effects with the two sound holes at the back, and special tremolo can be produced with the included chain.
- Standard C tune setup from left to right: 1(D), 2(B), 3(G), 4(E), 5(C5), 6(A), 7(F), 8(D), 9(C4), 10(E), 11(G), 12(B), 13(D), 14(F), 15(A), 16(C6), 17(E)
- Includes instruction manual & easy learning book, musical scale sticker, musical note stickers, tuning hammer, carrying bag, tremolo chain + pretty cool tassels for decoration.
- Material: African hardwood / carbon steel
- Tonality: C tune
- Keys: 17 keys
- Size: 18 * 13 * 3cm / 7.1 * 5.1 * 1.2in
- Weight: 275g / 9.7oz
- Package Size: 23 * 20.5 * 8cm / 9.1 * 8.1 * 3.1in
- Package Weight: 530g / 18.7oz
- Carrying Bag
- Instruction & Music Book (English only)
- Note Sticker
- Set of 17 Musical Scale Stickers
- Tuning Hammer
- Accompaniment/ Tremolo Chain
- Decorative tassel
Please note that we are in the process of translating the entire ioPRO shop into Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese & Spanish, which we try to finish as soon as possible.
For now please use the auto-translator provided by Google, or contact ioPRO customer service: we speak the above mentioned languages. Sorry for the inconvenience!